GORDON HEIGHTS SENIOR NUTRITION CENTER SUPPLEMENTAL NUTRITION ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (SNAP)
Since October, 1988, the Suffolk County Office for the Aging has contracted with Faith Baptist Church to serve as a sponsor for SNAP. This program is designed to support the needs of the Senior Citizens in the Gordon Heights area and surrounding communities, as follows: Daily morning snacks and nutritious lunches are served at Faith Baptist Church. In addition, home-bound meals are delivered to our seniors with disabilities that prevent them from visiting with us.
• Daily morning snacks and nutritious lunches are served at Faith Baptist Church. In addition, home bound meals are delivered to our seniors with disabilities that prevent them from visiting with us
• Transportation is available for seniors in the surrounding areas that wish to participate in this program.
• Twice-a-month visits from a Senior Advocate to promote and foster information on items dealing with health, property taxes and any other issues important to seniors.
• Recreation activities are on-going. Trips (day and/or weekend), picnics, board games, sewing classes and quilting classes are among other activities. Each Friday Bible Study is provided for those who are interested, from 1:00 to 2:00PM.
• Guest speakers, current literature and information on topics such as housing, insurance and other subjects of interests are made available to seniors.
More importantly, we provide a safe location for seniors to come fellowship with one another. Seniors and/or guest are welcome to join us from Monday through Friday from 9:00AM to 2:00PM.
Please contact the Gordon Heights Senior Nutrition Center at (631) 696-1671 for more information.
FBC has for over 25 years successfully coordinated an After School Program/ School Aged After Care. It is held year-round and provides a safe and educational alternative for youth when school is not in session.
We provide services for youth school age youth (ages 5 to 18) in the communities of Coram, Middle Island, Yaphank, Selden, Centereach and Medford. The program provides homework help, nutritious snacks, and most importantly a safe environment in which youngsters can learn.
Our goal is to maintain a positive and safe atmosphere for all our participants in an educational program that offers them support, guidance, peer and self-esteem. Hours are 3:30 to 7:00 PM.
The fee is $50.00 weekly with a $25.00 annual non refundable registration fee. A combined before and after school enrollment in the programs would be $ 70.00 weekly.
Early Dismissal Program Basic charge is $7.00 Daily
This program also offers assistance during times of early dismissal. Contact the Church office for more details on reserving a spot.
For More Information contact Ebony Bell at 631-732-1133